Wednesday, April 24, 2013

CherryHaul: L'Oreal Sale

So the L'Oreal sale (bi-annual) started for the VIPs today, and it was awesome...despite the 1.5 hour wait.  I didn't manage to get there very early, so I missed out on a few value sets (I knew that based on other people's carts).  But here are the few things I managed to snag:


Items that I purchased:
* Vichy toner (pink is for dry skin, blue is for normal) - paraben free
* La Roche Posay Mela-D Serum - my mom might not approve of me buying this considering I'm not that old (heh), but I have freckles so I decided to buy it to try and lighten them up (this is an anti-dark spot concentrate) - I will review this after I've used it for about a month or so...hopefully I will have it in my routine!
* La Roche Posay Physiologique Micellar Solution (as mentioned in my skin care routine entry recently, it's a great pre-cleanser and I use it every day) - I got three bottles because that was the max I was allowed to buy (although I probably would've bought the entire box load because my mom uses this a lot too)\
* La Roche Posay Anthelios spray-on suncreen in SPF 45
* La Roche Posay Toleriane cleansing milk (I just used up mine - I am now using my Skin Food foaming cleanser, and will have to use up some other ones before I get to this)
* La Roche Posay Toleriane face cream
* Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 100 Barely Beige (I previously purchased it in Tough as Taupe, which is a greige colour)
* Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara (NOTE: I know for a fact this is discontinued - the L'Oreal sale generally has a lot of discontinued items so I am not even going to bother reviewing this!)
* Essie All in One base
* Vichy Aqualia Thermal UV (SPF 15)

The bottle from Pureology is a styling product that was given for free as a gift because I spent more than $200.



Most of these products (the toner, the Micellar solution, cleansing milk and face cream) I have used previously and are mentioned in the skin care routine entry.

Here is a swatch for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Beige:

In the pot - pinky-beige with shimmer...I think it's comparable to MAC Painterly Paint Pot?

Swatched onto my finger (there's a weird crease at the top because I accidentally hit my lens!)

Swatched without flash/lamp

Swatched under my lamp

I swatched it on my hand, rubbed it out a bit and um, it's still on my hand!  So lasting power is pretty long.  I tried it out on my eyes and it looks pretty good - it's a great base in my opinion.

I also tried the Maybelline Full & Soft mascara and I have to say I love it...until I accidentally rub my eye!  That stuff definitely washes out fast with water and could be a bit problematic, but I like how it doesn't leave me with crunchy lashes.  It's comparable to how my Tarte mascaras are, except I'm not loving how easy it is to remove by just rubbing/with water.  It could be problematic!

I have a bunch of tickets for the L'Oreal sale soon and they come out with new products usually every day, but a lot of times it gets snagged by people super fast (*cough* stay at home moms *cough*).  I didn't purchase any shampoo (L'Oreal, Fructis, Matrix, Redken and Biolage are all sold at the sale) as it is not cheaper at the sale.  If you check flyers at Walmart, the drugstores or even some of the grocery stores, you can definitely get it for cheaper.

As you can see, I didn't purchase much makeup because I have a lot already and I wasn't in the mood to buy more lipstick before I use up all of mine, eyeshadows (there was an abundance of L'Oreal and Maybelline Quads, HIP duos, etc...), mascaras (was tempted to buy the Mega Plush but after some reviews was hesitant even with such a good price at $3), perfume (having just purchased some from my London-Paris trip, I decided to pass) and hair dye (even though this time around they finally had brown rather than just blonde).  I was disappointed with the lineup of Essie nail polishes - I stocked up so much last time and was regretting not purchasing A-crewed Interest (a light peachy colour), since they don't have it now!

I am planning on going back to the sale since it ends mid-May (and like I say, I still have tickets to go!) and hoping to score a few more skin care items for me and my mom (and grandma!  And the boyfriend too!  He hates waiting in line).

If there is anything specifically that I purchased that you would like to know the price point for, or would like a review, please leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012-2015 Cherry B Sweet All photos are my own unless otherwise stated.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.