Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CherryCooks: Tried and tested chocolate chip cookies

Something different to break up the genre of the posts in this blog :)

One thing everyone knows about me: I love to cook, I love to bake...and I love being in the kitchen.  As part of my GCSEs, I took food technology and aced it.  Best feeling of life, also one of my biggest selling points to my future mother-in-law LOL!

Cookies have always been something I loved to bake, and making variations is no exception. A bunch of my girls gathered for a baking evening (it was supposed to be a girl's night out but the weather was disgusting on the actual date we canceled that). Check this: we made banana and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, made from a slight modification of the chocolate chip cookies recipe we had. Did they taste good? We sure thought they did.




I make chocolate chip cookies for almost any occasion.  When my brother came back to town from London, I baked a huge batch which he subsequently devoured.  Whenever there's a special date happening with me and the boy, I make cookies (chocolate chip being my usual go-to because I know it by heart).  When there's a massive gift exchange...well cookies are usually it!  And chocolate chip is the simplest since everyone loves it.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks as B says, that's usually about half a standard block)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1 bag chocolate chips (depends on how much you like)

Preheat the oven to 375oF/190oC
Cream butter and sugars, add in egg and vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.
Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt.
Add in chocolate chips and mix well. On a lined cookie tray, place your cookie balls/spoonfuls.

Baking time varied with the oven. At my grandparent's, it takes around 8 minutes for a nice soft cookie, so test your oven to see what the best time is. Let them sit for 2 minutes before removing from tray.

Extra note: if your butter's salted, omit the salt. Unsalted butter gives a better flavour though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012-2015 Cherry B Sweet All photos are my own unless otherwise stated.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.