Saturday, May 18, 2013

CherryFOTD: Lazy day face (and a surprise in the mail!)

Today I'm going out to study with the boyfriend (well he's studying, I'm going to be reading my E-book, which he got me for my birthday a few years ago).  Because it's going to be a pretty laid back day, nothing too special...just a really lazy make up look because the boy's coming to get me soon (and we're just hanging at a coffee shop anyways)

Full face (my hair was 80% dry which explains the slight frizz)

What I'm wearing:
*Old Navy white round neck t-shirt (with picket)
* Heart necklace - anniversary gift from bf
*Blue crystal earrings (the ones I got when I pierced by ears - not visible)
*AE Skinny jeans


I wasn't in the mood to go full coverage because I have a pimple on the top of my eyebrow, and generally speaking from my experience, it's better to let it breathe and heal than pile on more stuff to clog up the pores.  So light coverage for me today...

Products used:

Face 
* Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF45
* SkinFood Good Afternoon BB Cream (Peach green tea)
* MAC Natural Skinfinish in Medium
* Benefit Hoola bronzer (for contour)
* Benefit High Beam (for highlight)
* Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Tickled

Eyes
* Rimmel ScandalEyes 24H waterproof eye shadow stick in 002 Bulletproof Beige (pearly champagne/peach)
* MAC eye shadow in Espresso
* Maybelline Full & Soft Mascara
* Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Zero

Lips
* Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 035 Candy Apple

Something exciting came in the mail - well to be precise it was yesterday. I've been for the longest time wanting to try out false lashes, but was very very adamant to it because all lash glues contained formaldehyde. Now for those who don't know, formaldehyde is used in disinfectants (well really strong ones at least) and preserving biological substances (for example, mummification).  It's also a known volatile carcinogen, meaning it's a cancer-causing substance.

So with that being said, I haven't been venturing into the false lash territory because I don't want to put something as toxic as that on my skin, especially not near my eye! I know that the quantities I'd be applying are minimal and most likely not hazardous to my health, but just the thought of it doesn't make me feel so happy.

I was looking up the subject (again) for formaldehyde-free eye lash glue and came about Winks by Georgie Beauty, the new EcoTools Natural Lash set as well as Duo's new formaldehyde-free lash glue (green writing). The Duo one still has latex, which some times causes eye irritation, and considering I wear contacts, I'd prefer to get something more natural. EcoTools I have not seen the list of ingredients for the lash glue, so I have no idea, but I read on their website that it's natural and formaldehyde free.  I haven't seen it in stores in Canada yet.

Anyways, I decided to bite the bullet and went on the Neimam Marcus website to purchase these.  These were priced at $25 USD I believe.  NM was the only Online US retailer that would ship to Canada (Nordstrom wouldn't send these over - boo).  I also found out that NM sold Lollia hand cream, and I ran out of my little one from my brother's ex-gf.  I really liked the scent but my brother and a friend of ours couldn't find it when they were in Vancouver, and instead got me two small tubes of different scents.  They are both wonderful scents, but I absolutely love this one and I was stoked when I found it for $7.50 (which is what it retails on the Lollia website, except on the Lollia website there's a $9 shipping charge to Canada).

I took advantage of the free shipping (otherwise shipping somehow ended up more than the cost of the items I was ordering...how that happened I have no idea) with the MAYFS promocode.  After a bit of back and forth with customer service, the order went through, but not before randomly charging me another $25 - I managed to get that refunded.

So my shopping experience with NM wasn't so bad.  I can't wait until Georgie Beauty products are available in Canada - will save me the headache of having to purchase from the US.  However, my package was supposed to come May 30th, but ended up arriving more than a week early, so that was nice.  It came in a box 10 times bigger than the contents itself!


Well what can I say, shipping is fast.  Anyways - gotta split now, my ride is here ;)


(Obligatory Asian kissy-face haha)

Readers: What are your favourite brands for falsies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012-2015 Cherry B Sweet All photos are my own unless otherwise stated.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.